SIGN UP FOR LATEST NEWS
Find Out Whats Trending
Fat Blaster Clinical
ON ORDER OVER $99
The Offer is Valid on All Our Store Items
Vicks VapoSteam Inhalant
Vicks VapoSteam provides the refreshing fragrance of eucalyptus and peppermint for use in steam.
The soothing vapours penetrate nasal and throat passages quickly and safely to gently soothe and comfort. This unique formulation can be added to the vaporizer cup or directly to the water of the Vicks Warm Steam Vaporizer. For other units please consult manufacturer's written instructions.
Respiratory benefits of Steam
- Moisturises dry, irritated nasal and throat passages making them more comfortable
- Alleviates soreness and inflammation of the throat
- Liquefies mucous secretions, resulting in clearer secretions that are easier to expel by coughing or blowing the nose
- Relaxes throat muscles, reducing the cough reflex
- Dilates blood vessels, encouraging better blood flow and overall circulation
Ways to Use Steam Therapy
- Traditional: Boil a few cups of water then pour the steaming water into a large bowl. Place gently on a firm flat surface, such as a kitchen table. Put a towel over your head to form a ‘tent’. Lean over with your face 15-20cm from the steam and inhale.
- Shower: Run a hot shower and inhale the steam – you can even use essential oils to help refresh and revitalise.
- Personal inhalers: Personal hand-held vapour inhalers (link) are an easy and portable way to enjoy steam therapy on the go. A great idea for the office or holidays, they are also popular with public speakers, actors and singers to help open up the airways before performance.
- Steam Vaporisers: Steam Vaporisers are plug-in electrical units which produce a steady flow of warm, humidified air to help ease cold symptoms. Very useful in the bedroom overnight, they can also be helpful during the day to raise humidity to healthy levels, particularly in winter to combat the drying effect of central air-conditioning (link to other steam therapy post)