SIGN UP FOR LATEST NEWS
Find Out Whats Trending
Fat Blaster Clinical
ON ORDER OVER $99
The Offer is Valid on All Our Store Items
Health C Bactigras 10x10cm 3
Bactigras is a medicated paraffin gauze dressing (Tulle Gras)
- Soft paraffin base
- Sterile leno weave presentation
- Contains Chlorhexidine acetate 0.5%, an antiseptic with a broad spectrum
Soothes and protects the wound and allows free passage of viscous exudate
- Bactigras is soothing and low-adherent and allows the wound to drain freely into an absorbent secondary dressing.
- Bactigras is a sterile paraffin Tulle Gras dressing made from open weave gauze. The gauze has interlocking threads which minimise fraying when the dressing is cut to shape.
- The antiseptic efficacy of Bactigras is unaffected by serum and blood.
- Demonstrated to be effective in-vitro and in-vivo against MRSA
- Reduces the risk of colonisation.
- Proven antiseptically active against a wide range of Gram positive and Gram negative organisms.
Bactigras is intended for use as a wound contact layer for wounds such as: Minor burns and scalds Lacerations, abrasions and other skin loss wounds Donor and recipient graft sites Leg ulcers, where the wound is no more than 10% of the body area, where there is a risk of infection, or on already infected wounds in conjunction with systemic antibiotics. Precautions Bactigras should not be used on more than 10% of the body area. Dermatitis, contact sensitivity or photosensitivity may rarely occur. Anaphylactic reaction to chlorhexidine has been reported, but is rare. Avoid contact with eyes, the middle ear, meninges and brain. Bactigras is incompatible with soaps, other anionic materials, as well as potassium iodide. The use of Bactigras with oxidising wound cleaning agents should be avoided.