SIGN UP FOR LATEST NEWS
Find Out Whats Trending
Fat Blaster Clinical
ON ORDER OVER $99
The Offer is Valid on All Our Store Items
Infants' Friend Oral Liquid 100ml
Baby Colic Relief
- Will relieve colic and wind in the bowels
- Will help to allay restlessness and irritation caused by inflamed gums during teething
- Will help to keep the bowels regular
- Will produce natural, quiet sleep, by relieving the child from colic and wind
- Will be found very pleasant to the taste
Infants’ Friend Oral Liquid is a professional medicine, although prescription is not required, a number of pediatricians throughout Australia are actually recommending Infants’ Friend Oral Liquid to nursing mothers with infants suffering from colic and wind. The product contains no scheduled drugs, and is basically a mixture of healthy aromatic and carminative oils and antacids. This means that the Oral Liquid is extremely well tolerated, and given the small dosages required, is great value for money.
Infants’ Friend Oral Liquid is an ‘old style’ recipe that was initially developed by a chemist, utilising ingredients that were known to settle colic and wind in babies. From there, its popularity has grown to the point where “Infants’ Friend” has become a household name.
This popular baby colic relief medicine is extremely safe to use and has no known side effects and is registered with the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA), the regulatory agency for pharmaceuticals in Australia.
How Does It Work
The three Essential Oils listed on the label are Cassia – which is Cinnamon, Aniseed, and Dill. These oils contain aromatic and carminative properties which result in a pleasant taste and which also relieves wind and flatulence. Other active ingredients such as Magnesium Carbonate (similar to the ‘Milk of Magnesia’ from the old days) and Ammonium Bicarbonate are antacids which neutralise any excess acid. A property of the Magnesium Carbonate is that it has a slight laxative effect. This has been the same formula for over 80 years, and it is well tolerated and usually works.
Can be given before or after each feed, and if necessary, between feeds, can be given with water or administered directly on the tongue. Infants Friend Oral Liquid can be added to the bottle and also with Formula.
Dosage (with each feed) Shake the bottle well.
- Infants to a month old, 5 to 10 drops (0.25 – 0.5 ml)
- from 1 to 3 months old, 10 to 20 drops (0.5 – 1.0 ml)
- from 3 to 6 months old, 20 to 30 drops (1.0 – 1.5 ml)
- above 6 and up to 12 months, (5.0 ml)
- Over 12 months, (5.0 ml – 10.0ml)
- Cassia Oil 2 μl
- Magnesium Carbonate 110 mg
- Ammonium Bicarbonate 5 mg
- Dill Oil 0.065 μl
- Anise Oil 1.3 μl