SIGN UP FOR LATEST NEWS
Find Out Whats Trending
Fat Blaster Clinical
ON ORDER OVER $99
The Offer is Valid on All Our Store Items
Hartley's Gripe Water 200mL
Dedicated to caring for your family's health, naturally.
Infant gripes in the tummy, colic, wind, minor tummy upsets. When Baby experiences those low down gripes .
Hartley’s Gripe Water is a natural blend of herbal ingredients of which the base ingredient Dill Oil has been used safely in commercial infant preparations for more than 100years.
- Dill Seed Oil - Anethum graveolens (herb) 3,000 years of recorded use and modern day research supports the use of Dill as a digestive aid, listed also in the British Pharmacopoeia for use by formulating retail pharmacists since the early 1900's. The herb relaxes the muscles of the digestive tract and studies show that it helps prevent the formation of intestinal gas bubbles. Also is known as an infection fighter, settling and emptying the lower bowel area whilst inhibiting the growth of bacteria that attack the intestinal tract.
- FilipendulaUlmira (Meadowsweet) extract Equiv dry herb
- Meadowsweet - Filipendula ulmira (herb) Neutralises excess stomach acid: anti - inflammatory action: antacid action and known for its urinary antiseptic quality.
An excipient is generally a substance used as a carrier for the active ingredients of a medication. Also used to stabilize the active ingredient, excipients are added, ensuring that the active ingredient stays "active", and, just as importantly, stable for a sufficiently long period of time that the shelf-life of the product makes it competitive with other products.
- Coriander Oil - Coriandrum sativum (herb) use as a calmative to relieve flatulence: stomach ache and nausea and in Ayurvedic medicine for urinary tract infection : reduces muscle tension and spasm.
- Peppermint Oil - Mentha piperita (herb) the most widely used herb in the western world …reduces muscle tension and spasm: relieves wind and colic: suppresses nausea and vomiting. Given to calm digestive problems, irritable bowel syndrome, colic & flatulence.
- Fennel Oil - foeniculum vulgare (herb) relieves wind: stimulates the stomach: Chinese medicine, prescribes Fennel Oil for abdominal pain and indigestion.
- Hypersensitivity to any ingredient, Australian Therapeutic Goods Department (TGA) list the main ingredient Dill as safe to use for infants, if minor upsets occur from using the preparation reduce the dosage.
- If gripe symptoms continue consult your health care professional.
- Does not contain artificial sweeteners
- Note: the inclusion of a small amount of ethanol assists in the suspension of active ingredients and as a preservative. It does not have any 'active quality' in the product.
Dosage & Administration
- Not more than 6 doses in 24 hours
- Newborn infants 5 – 10 drops from a medical dropper
- 1-6 months 2.5 5ml
- 6-24 months 5- 10ml
- Children over 2 years 10-15ml
- Mix with cooled boiled water
- Give slowly by spoon OR with a little water in a bottle. Best taken after meals
- Can be mixed with juice or formula.