SIGN UP FOR LATEST NEWS
Find Out Whats Trending
Fat Blaster Clinical
ON ORDER OVER $99
The Offer is Valid on All Our Store Items
Chlorhexidine Gluc 2% Tinted Pink
A hospital grade disinfectant for use on hard surfaces e.g. floors and walls.
Chlorhexidine gluconate 20g/L in alcohol 70% v/v, tinted pink.
Chlorhexidine is a disinfectant which is effective against a wide range of vegetative Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria. It is ineffective against acid-fast bacteria, bacterial spores, fungi and viruses. It is more active against Gram-positive than Gram-negative bacteria, and some species of Pseudomonas and Proteus are relatively less susceptible. Chlorhexidine is most active at a neutral or slightly alkaline pH and its activity is reduced by blood and other organic matter.
Alcohol has bactericidal actions against most vegetative organisms. It is not effective against viruses and spores. It acts relatively quickly to denature cellular proteins of microorganisms and lower their surface tension, thus facilitating their removal. It also has useful solvent properties and will dissolve many water-insoluble substances including sebum.
Directions for Use
- Pre-clean surfaces first. Apply undiluted solution directly to hard surface e.g. floors and
- walls with a sponge and allow to dry for 1 minute.
- Do not return solution to the bottle.
- Do not mix with detergents or other chemicals.
- Do not use to disinfect Therapeutic Devices.
- Do not use to disinfect surfaces likely to come into contact with broken skin.
- Tamper evident sealed bottle.