SIGN UP FOR LATEST NEWS
Find Out Whats Trending
Fat Blaster Clinical
ON ORDER OVER $99
The Offer is Valid on All Our Store Items
Burnaid Burn Dressing 10 x 10
Simple cooling protection
The Burnaid® dressing is a sterile dressing infused with cooling hydrogel. This dressing sits comfortably on the burn to cool, soothe and help relieve pain.
How to treat burns
Burns need fast, effective treatment. There are many misconceptions about correct first aid treatment. The good news is, it’s easy. Here’s our simple 3-step guide to first aid for burns.
1. Stop the burning process
- Consider your own safety first and stop the source of the burn.
- If you are on fire: Stop. Drop and roll along the ground to smother the fire.
- If it’s an electrical burn: If possible, turn off the power using something dry and non-conductive like a wooden broom handle.
- If it’s a chemical burn: Remove the burning agent and irrigate with water.
2. Run cold water
- Place burn under running cold water for 20 minutes. Yes 20 minutes. Not 2 minutes, not 5 minutes, but the full 20 minutes. It does feels like a long time but will make a difference to the recovery and treatment of your burn.
- Remove all jewelry, watches and clothing (if not stuck to the burn site) once cooling has commenced.
- Do not use ice, butter, toothpaste, creams or ointments. These can make things worse.
3. Cool with Burnaid®
- Apply Burnaid® gel liberally to the affected area, including blisters if present. DO NOT RUB.
- Repeat every half hour as necessary.
- Cover with a clean dressing
- Please seek medical assistance if: Clothing is stuck to the burn site or the burn is bigger than a 20c piece or has blisters.
Keep your colleagues and friends safe by downloading this easy to follow first aid guide for your workplace, sports club or community group.
88% of Australians know to treat a burn immediately, only 10% do so correctly.*